SKAARHOJ 4x SDI-B4 Link Bundle
Iris control for B4 Lenses with Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield
This all-inclusive device offers iris control for your analog B4 lens by using the 3G-SDI Arduino Shield from Blackmagic: Compatible with the URSA Mini (+Pro) and the Studio Camera series.
The SDI-B4 Link is developed to get easy control of iris on an analog B4 lens for your URSA Mini and Studio Camera series from Blackmagic Design. Route the return SDI signal from your ATEM switcher between the SDI-B4 Link and your camera, to extract the iris information. The SDI-B4 Link is an independent unit, and requires no further configuration, than selecting the camera number you want to control via the selector switch. The SDI-B4 Link inherits all of the same features as our ETH-B4 Link but will work independently.
Features more details
- Control iris on analog B4 lens
- Hirose 12-pin connector
- Preview/program tally on small LED
- Set camera number via selector switch
- Program tally from 3-pin phoenix connector: Ground, IO, 12V (VIN)
- Test mode for iris and program tally
- Iris lens calibration feature
- Completely self contained unit - runs independently
- Durable enclosure with blue anodized aluminum plates
- Compatible with Studio Camera series and URSA Mini (+Pro)
- Dimensions: 12.7 x 8 x 2.9 cm
- Weight: 0.260 kg
Selector Switch functions and explanation
The selector switch determines which camera number the SDI-B4 Link control. You can change the switch selector using a small screw driver.
Selector switch 0 = Deactivated
Selector switch 1-C = Camera 1-12
Selector switch D = Test mode (iris close and open fully while the Tally blink)
Selector switch E = Reset calibration to factory default
Selector switch F = Calibration mode (will determine when iris is fully closed/open and save settings, given the factory default values, are not appropriate for your particular lens)
Details check compatibility
The Hirose 12pin connector supports most B4 lenses, but it’s your own responsibility to check that your particular lens has the features described below. Two example pin outs are given to the left from manuals for cameras and lenses, so you should be able to look up and check similar information for your lens.
The SKAARHOJ SDI-B4 Link will:
- Pass on the DC 12V input to the lens with GND going to pin 3 and 12V going to pin 6
- Adjust the lens iris with an analog value between 2.5 and 7.5V going out on pin 5 (output to lens)
- Read back the iris position as an analog value from pin 7 (input from lens)
- Enable iris adjustment from the B4 Link box by pulling pin 6 to 5V through a 10 K resistor. To turn of iris adjustment, it will short pin 6 to ground
- Notice: The lens may have a “Manual / Auto” button which must typically be in Manual for this to work. In auto you may find that the lens always adjusts the iris to whatever value it receives from the B4 link box
Please be aware you might expect vignetting depending on your lens, the sensor size and the type of mount adaptor used. SKAARHOJ takes no responsibility in this regard. Check with your camera/lens supplier.