Shure SM58 overview
The Shure SM58S Vocal Microphone features a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal design, well suited for professional vocal use in live performances, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise, while the cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise. The microphone offers durable construction, a high-quality, internal shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille for withstanding rough handling. The SM58S is designed to perform consistently both outdoors and indoors, and when used for singing or speech applications. The microphone features an integrated on/off switch and includes a microphone clip and a zippered pouch.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll-off
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shockmount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant microphone clip that rotates 180 degrees
- High quality, rugged, and reliable
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
Shure SM58S Vocal Microphone with On/Off Switch
Shure SM58 specs
Analog Performance Sound Field Mono Transducer Dynamic Polar Pattern Cardioid Frequency Range 50 Hz to 15 kHz Impedance 150 Ohms Sensitivity -57.5 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz General Output Connectors 1 x 3-Pin XLR Operating Voltage Not Specified by Manufacturer Length 6.38" / 162 mm Diameter 2.01" / 51 mm Weight 0.82 lb / 372 g Packaging Info Package Weight 1.5 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 10.1 x 4.9 x 3.858"