The Audio-Technica System 10 ATW-1701/L is a digital wireless microphone system specifically engineered to meet the audio needs of vloggers, mobile journalists, and videographers. It provides an easy-to-operate solution with sophisticated technology to ensure reliability and high-quality audio for projects ranging from YouTube and wedding videos to corporate spots and interviews.
The ATW-1701/L features an omnidirectional lavalier microphone and bodypack transmitter for hands-free speech and dialog, along with a camera-mount receiver that connects to your DSLR or mirrorless camera via the included 3.5mm output cable. It operates anywhere in the world, transmitting 24-bit/48 kHz audio in the 2.4 GHz spectrum, well away from potential TV and radio interference.
This peer-to-peer system delivers three levels of diversity assurance—frequency, time, and space—for optimal performance at a range up to 100'. Just power up the components, and the receiver automatically seeks out a clean frequency and pairs up with the transmitter, saving you the hassle of scanning and syncing before a shoot. Up to eight wireless mics may be used on set at once.
Triple-Diversity Technology for Reliable Performance
- Space Diversity: The receiver compares the signal showing up at its two antennas and chooses the strongest one.
- Time Diversity: The transmitter sends the digital signal in two imperceptibly different time slots and compares the two.
- Frequency Diversity: The digital audio is sent over two different frequencies at the same time and the system chooses the cleaner one.
- For optimal performance, users are encouraged to maintain as direct a line of sight as possible between the transmitter and receiver.
Rich with Features and Ready for Action
- The MT830cW lavalier microphone features an Audio-Technica cW-style 4-pin locking connector and delivers a natural, broadcast-quality sound optimized for speech intelligibility. Its omnidirectional polar pattern ensures that the sound remains consistent, even when the speaker's head moves away from the mic.
- The level control on the transmitter can be set to match the sensitivity of your microphone or audio source for distortion-free input.
- The output level on the receiver can be reduced by 10 or 20 dB if you find you're overloading the input to your camera or recording device. The 3.5mm output can be switched to deliver either a balanced or unbalanced signal.
- Both the transmitter and receiver are housed in lightweight, plastic chassis and equipped with belt clips. The included shoemount allows you to easily mount the receiver to your camera.
- With just a quick press, the power switch on the transmitter doubles as a mute function. This function can be locked out to prevent an accident.
- Conveniently, the receiver's LCD display shows critical information for the receiver as well as the transmitter—including battery status, signal level, mute status, and channel selection for both units.
- An additional 3.5mm output on the receiver allows you to monitor your signal while recording—helpful if your camera doesn't offer a headphone jack.
- The receiver features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that provides up to 12 hours of operation. Using the included power adapter, the battery can be recharged via USB in about 4.5 hours, while in operation.
- On the transmitter's end, power is supplied by two AA batteries, giving you up to 7 hours of shooting time depending on battery type and usage.
- With this peer-to-peer system, you can only use one transmitter and one receiver at once. However, up to 8 transmitters can be paired with the receiver ahead of time. This is useful in situations when you have multiple speakers, one after another, and you need to have them miked up and ready to go. All you'll have to do is turn one transmitter off and the next one on.
- For man-on-the-street interviews or if you need to pass the mic between several people, you can add the ATW-T1002 handheld transmitter/microphone to your system.
Audio-Technica ATW-1701/L System 10 Digital Camera-Mount Wireless Omni Lavalier
Audio-Technica ATW-1701/L Specs
System Wireless Transmission Digital 2.4 GHz Included Transmitters 1 x Bodypack Diversity Frequency, Time & Space Diversity RF Frequency Band 2400 to 2483.5 MHz Max Operating Range 100' / 30.5 m (Line of Sight) Max Systems per Setup 8 Sample Rate/Resolution 48 kHz / 24-Bit Dynamic Range >109 dBA Receiver Form Factor Camera-Mount Mounting Options Belt Clip, Shoe-Mount (with Included Hardware) Antenna 2 x External, Detachable Number of Audio Channels 1 Audio I/O 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Balanced/Unbalanced Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Output
Audio Output Level 1/8" / 3.5 mm Output:
+6 dBV (Balanced)
1/8" / 3.5 mm Output:
0 dBV (Unbalanced)
Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz (Dependent on Mic) USB Port 1 x Micro-USB (Bus Power, Charging) Power Requirements Battery, USB Bus Power Battery Type 1 x Built-In Rechargeable (Not Replaceable) Internal Battery Capacity 1460 mAh Battery Charging Time 4 Hours Approx. Battery Life 12 Hours (Lithium Rechargeable) Display & Indicators 1 x LCD (Battery Status, Channel, Mute, RF Level) Housing Plastic Operating Temperature 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C Dimensions 2.2 x 3.6 x 1.1" / 55.9 x 91.4 x 27.9 mm Weight 3.7 oz / 105.0 g Transmitter Form Factor Bodypack RF Output Power 10 mW Audio I/O 1 x cW-Style 4-Pin Male Input (Lockable) Muting Off/On Switch Audio Input Level (Mic Level, Instrument Level) Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz Antenna 1 x External, Fixed (Beltpack) Power Requirements Battery Battery Type 2 x AA (Not Included) Approx. Battery Life 7 Hours (Alkaline) Display & Indicators 1 x LCD (Channel) Housing Plastic Dimensions 2.7 x 4.2 x 0.9" / 68.6 x 106.7 x 22.9 mm Weight 3.5 oz / 99.0 g Microphone Form Factor Lavalier Sound Field Mono Operating Principle Pressure Operated Transducer Condenser Polar Pattern Omnidirectional Frequency Range 30 Hz to 20 kHz SNR 67 dB Maximum SPL 135 dB SPL Impedance 200 Ohms Sensitivity -37 dB Dynamic Range 108 dB Output Connectors 1 x cW-Style 4-Pin Female (Lockable) Cable Length 4.59' / 1.40 m Operating Voltage 11 to 52 V Operating Current Consumption 2 mA Length 0.62" / 15.75 mm Diameter 0.33" / 8.38 mm Weight 0.05 oz / 1 g Packaging Info Package Weight 1.65 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.6 x 10.6 x 5.2"